I thought surely there are other mummas out there with the same dilemma so why not share whats going on in our kitchen and maybe introduce some new recipes into yours. I hope to post a quick and easy dinner idea once or twice a week and on tonights menu is sweet potato fritters, hope your little one enjoys.
Please excuse my recipes, I am by no means a chef or recipe writer...
Sweet Potato Fritters
1 sweet potato
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup corn (we only had frozen tonight)
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
2 tbsp cottage cheese
1 cup cooked quinoa
Coconut oil cooking spray
- Peel and cut sweet potato and zucchini into squares, add peas and corn and bring to the boil.
- Once veggies are soft drain the water and add egg, garlic, cottage cheese and quinoa*
- Mash all ingredients together and roll into balls.
- Heat pan to medium heat and spray with coconut oil (or any cooking spray, we prefer to use coconut)
- Place balls in heated pan and "squish" with spatula.
- Cook until browned.
- Let fritters cool (we don't want any burnt little mouths) and serve with salad or veggies or even on their own.
* Combine 1/2 cup of quinoa to 3/4 cup water and place them both into a pot.
Add a pinch of sea salt and bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat to low and place on a lid.
Simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until all the water has absorbed into the quinoa, seeds will become translucent.
|A willing helper|
|And a very willing taste tester!|
|She didn't leave a crumb on her plate = success.|